Limitless Worlds

Limitless Worlds

Friday, April 4, 2014

Ruins & Wastes Ideas

Secretly for a long while, I have thought about hacking Blood & Treasure into a post-apocalypse game, one that derives its roots from Gamma World. But the problem is I have never been able to figure out what edition would be best.

Generally, I'm looking for the more "classic" GW experience and no the ones that are shown in 5th and 6th edition. While both of those games are fine, I'm leaning more towards 1e/2e, Omega World and 7th Edition. But like I said, I don't know what to do

Converting Omega World would be easy, but it lacks some things I like about GW, namely a few landmark mutations. 1e/2e would take some work, and I might also throw in some aspects of 4e. 7th edition, i.e. the new one with the cards, would be insane and require a lot of work, especially trying to do away with card mechanics.

So what would be interesting? I would like to make it modular like B&T; most races are optional, and if there are classes they would be optional.

It might be easier to go one step at a time; I'd use basically a large amount of B&T as the base, throwing in new equipment, artifacts, radiation, mutations and so on.

It's all up in the air, but the main issue right now is mutations and characters. I feel like 7th edition is still very accessible, so I may go the older route, ripping character creation out of 4th edition while adding in robots, having an explorer class like in Omega World, and then using 2e's mutation list. It would be a chimera, but that's what B&T is

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. I tried pulling some B&T elements into my Other Dust Campaign.

    ReplyDelete