Limitless Worlds

Limitless Worlds

Thursday, August 15, 2019

Age of Iron: Quick Thoughts on Ifri & Europa

I've just had some considerations about Ifri and Europa, and I thought I'd illustrate them here.

So I'm something of a 'numbers' person - I'm trying to balance a good variety of nations in the game without blowing the number of them out of proportion. However, I also like good round numbers or groupings that 'make sense' in my head.

So I've done a little shuffling around as well as idea expansions that make the 'numbers' for Europa and Ifri fit.

For Europa, I've pretty much decided the British Isles will be the domain of the high elves - I think it just makes more sense for them to be an international, 'benevolent imperialist' force rather than the weird isolationists they are in Warhammer.

This brings the 'nation count' in Europa up to 11, but to make it a nice round number I will 'transfer' The Barrens to Europa. The Wasteland will indeed be rolled into Aquilla, and Troll Country will just be part of Ruthen.

That makes Ifri have only five nations, which I will 'fix' by adding Ntotila - indeed splitting up Central and Southern Africa into two different places. Ntotila is going to be pretty Darkest Africa and mainly focused on the Kingdom of Kongo, while the Ivory Kingdoms will be renamed Vanhu and mainly focus on the Mutapa Empire.

Most of these ideas are ones I've sequestered away so they aren't new, but writing for sure has helped me materialize them better. Hopefully my ramblings make some sort of sense.

Next time we'll get back to normal programming, and we will be covering Age of Iron's Asia: Aswai!

No comments:

Post a Comment