Limitless Worlds

Limitless Worlds

Thursday, July 2, 2020

Age of Iron Hiatus and New Project

Hello everyone,

I come to you with hat in hand with unfortunate news. For the foreseeable future, I am going to be putting the Age of Iron setting on developmental hiatus.

I know some of you are fans of it for sure, but my drive and creativity for it is almost non-existent right now. It was hewing too close to the Old World, and not in a way I found entertaining or overly productive, honestly.

I'm not deleting any posts or throwing out what I have, but it is going to go on the backburner for a while.

Not coincidentally, I am going to start doing blog posts for another setting I HAVE been inspired by. It's one inspired by more recent entries in dark fantasy - things like From Software games, Darkest Dungeon, Gloomhaven, Blasphemous, Dungeon Degenerates, or even the new editions of WFRP. A smaller, more concentrated and detailed setting rather than a sprawling continent. It's also inspired by swords & sorcery settings, Ralph Bakshi, that Adult Swim pilot Korgoth of Barbaria, and heavy metal music

The name for this setting is up in the air, but I'm torn between either Todreich or The Borderlands - probably Borderlands just for ease of use. The blog entries will be more like what you'd find in a blog like From the Sorcerer's Skull - quick snippets of a world and what interests me at that time.

Hopefully you'll stick around, because I think it's gonna be really fun, not overly serious, and pretty grimdark.


No comments:

Post a Comment