Limitless Worlds

Limitless Worlds

Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Old World of Iron: Reconsidering Khazaria


This is just a small update post, but I was thinking about my last post regarding the Border Princes and Khazaria, and I had a very small revelation.

Basically, I'm not sure I like Khazaria too much. I don't know too much about Scythia or the Huns, plus they are also in the wrong time period as well. Hungary, which I cited, was basically at the time a fully Westernized empire with little left of the steppe nomad influence. Steppe nomads did exist however, and most of them lived in parts of Russia as cossacks. Plus like I said, the Balkans were possessed by the Ottomans at this time too so there wasn't really a Border Prince analogue

So I'm going to roll Khazaria into my not-Russia, known as Ruthen. Kind of similar to Kislev in all honesty, plus the Border Princes are so non-cultural it's not a huge loss. To keep with the number of nations though, I plan on doing something fun basically involving a not-Caribbean or not-Sartosa of tropical pirate isles off the coast of Europe.

No comments:

Post a Comment